- Angular — supported by Google, Angular.js was redesigned and renamed to Angular in 2016. Angular 9 is the last version delivered in 2021. Now, this is one of the most popular and solid frameworks for huge enterprises. For example, YouTubeTV and NBA.com are using Angular for their sites. TypeScript includes all features that are needed to create large projects.
Tip #2: Use Components that Will Be More Autonomous from Framework
Web components are gaining popularity, especially the ones that are maintained by web browsers. Also, Chrome has been supporting web components.
Following are some tips regarding web components:
- Passing data into components — it is advisable to put data via attributes into the components. It is called “presentational components.” Also, if you have complex data to be inserted, it can be done by passing through JSON.
- Custom events — it’s a way to tell us that there are some interesting modifications when the components are not linked to the framework. It is better to leverage for the website, this makes the components framework independent.
Tip #3: Use TypeScript
- Quicker and simpler development — TS is a modern language that is mainly focused on Ergonomics development (minimizing system fatigue).
Tip #4: Meet the Latest Features
- Monitoring tools, log analysis, analytics (server, queries) — enterprises of all sizes and startups are frequently applying the monitoring and analytics tools as they offer a number of advantages, starting from full clarity of software performance to the possibility of tracking great-value pages. Such tools can help get steady releases in the future, providing reliable user services. For example, JSLogger has great features that help to start user activity monitoring on a site while managing your logs in the cloud.
- Useful operators — if you’re thinking how to make your code super modern or abstract, you can use Chaining and Coalescing. They help to make a readable and concise expression, simplifying some general tasks and avoiding a mass in your code.
- JS combined with web components — instead of using some big fat framework, you can start using web components and no-framework JS. Web components are remarkably raised in demand as they are much smaller than standard user interface components and they do not need extra run-time (they operate solely in a browser). So you will probably see major organizations start using them in 2021, improving performance; e.g., Apple created its Music store with a complete host of web components.
Tip #5: GraphQL & Its Exciting Possibilities
- What you want — GraphQL lets you send a query to the API and get predictable results. Major apps founded by the Facebook team are running on GraphQL and are more stable than others. Also, you can highlight the issues before sending the query.
- Single request, multiple resources — unlike any other tools, GraphQL helps to find multiple references and collects all the data you need in a single request. This also helps the apps to run faster even when the network connection is slow.
Tip #6: Apply Deployment Techniques
- Data optimization — apply optimizations and start using less complex algorithms to create fine data structures;
- Query processing and database — focus on improving queries processing and try to apply queries optimization methods/techniques; pay attention to big query optimization in a complex database. Here, you can use monitoring tools to implement better solutions. You should also understand and get the basic idea of the database (a key element in-app performance) and types of databases;
- Write as you expect many users — you should expect that the developed service could potentially be used by hundreds of millions of people.
- Strategies and services for deployment — deployment is a crucial step. It’s possible to deploy the JS application on any server. Try to follow the latest tools, services, including CI/CD strategies for deployment.
Tip #7: ESLint Your Code
If you want a flawless coding system, ESLint is your answer. The smallest mistakes can lead to the collapse of the whole program. ESLint is a one-step solution to all coding related problems:
- Self-fixing — it is important for an app to be self-sufficient. ESLint is one of those apps that also fixes some insignificant issues as it is analyzing. ESLint is aware of syntax and semantics so after their correction, you won't encounter any problems.
These options are a time saving and efficient tools as they allow you to run multiple tests at the same time. You can check feedback and reviews to choose the best one for your needs.
Tip #9: Keep Up to Date with Important Developments in JS
For example, Svelte is a new tech that is loved by the JS community. It is always difficult to get what genuinely deserves your attention and should be explored.
However, Svelte offers access to new features that are worth paying attention to. It is one of the newest components-based JS user interface frameworks that produce code to manage DOM, improving runtime performance. Many teams have tried Svelte and gave positive feedback.
Tip #10: Serverless Approach for Certain Types of Operations
Serverless opens cloud development and it is going to be huge for front-end developers. Serverless is a new set of patterns to build, deploy, and operate solutions in the cloud epoch. It demands a new mindset to maximize benefits. A significant aspect of the architectures is the capability to provide continuous scaling, supporting large numbers of clients/users, events, and requests on the delivered app. It can help manage such challenges without worrying about infrastructure, focusing more on business needs.