According to Statista, 57.5% of customers find mobile applications more practical than other platforms. Our daily lives occasionally possess using mobile applications to carry out different things. The leading technology emerging today is mobile app development, primarily offering the finest hybrid/cross-platform compatibility, user experience, security, swiftness, and rapid reaction.
Demand for application development is instantly increasing:
- Users uploaded to smartphone applications 204 billion times in 2020 - AppAnnie
- 2 in 3 people use desktop and mobile applications daily - Dataportal
- 7+ million applications are available on Google Play and App Store. Their number is increasing by 130,000 daily - Statista
- Users spent 4.3 hours behind gadgets in 2021, compared to 3.2 hours in 2018 - eMarketer
Less time and resources
- Hybrid mobile apps are created to operate on various operating systems that are compatible with them and are frequently slower and less dependable than native apps.
Both consumers and developers will find the framework to be straightforward for building mobile apps that are responsive and cross-platform. It can be easy to pick up and use. Various frameworks, libraries, and devices widely support it. The easy implementation helps to distribute browser-based applications to mobile devices.
Due to its cross-platform compatibility, this open-source framework has grown in popularity since it was created. It enables developers to create mobile apps with a single code base for both Android and iOS.
Rich user interfaces
The notifications on mobile browsers provide developers with a series of functions alerting the user informed when something happens. They can also be used to notify users of new products that have been added to a shopping cart or to let them know something has changed in the company's services. Although these notifications are not mobile-specific, this API can also be used with web applications returned to the browser.
It is especially important for specific app kinds, such as those that provide timetables or fitness reminders.
In the past, programmers developed a mobile application using a programming language for a particular platform. For example, Java was used to create applications for Android and Swift for iOS.
Desktop applications are software installed on your computer. It can be accessed at any time, place, and device. These applications work on all platforms, from PC to Mac and from Windows to Android. With a desktop app, it is easy to deploy any application to any platform, and there is no need to deploy the application separately for each platform.
App animations are a way to update your application and enhance user experience. They may be utilized on a webpage, including object changes, motions, and many other fantastic things. There are several animation libraries: Anime.js, Greensock.js, Mo.js, and Animate On Scroll, to facilitate the creation of animations with less lines of code.
Single-Page Applications (SPAs)
Of course, you’re curious about what these companies are built on. And we’re here to tell you.
With React, Facebook engineers divided the app into separate components representing a single view. So these components make it simpler to iterate on our products. The declarative API that React replaces the mutative, imperative API of the DOM with is more significant since it enhances the degree of abstraction and streamlines the programming paradigm. Using React makes the code much more predictable and scaling. Because of this predictability, FB can iterate more rapidly and confidently, resulting in far more dependable applications.
Microsoft had an idea: build an Internet Explorer (IE) mobile version. But mobile IE would not only have to allow browsing mobile websites, like the rest of the IEs, but it would also have to allow websites from other programs, like Photoshop, to run. Usually, when an app opens a Web page within the app, both the app and the Web page have to download tons of code from the server.
Since virtually the beginning, Node.js has been used in production by PayPal, one of the biggest financial companies and innovators in online payment systems. The truth is that they initially used Java for the backend (much like Netflix), but PayPay later switched to Node.js.
Instagram was interested in building the app from scratch, so they turned to React Native, which allowed them to develop an app for iOS, Android, and the desktop using the same code and Node for backend solutions.
eBay was concerned with the dependability of the stack and the effectiveness of handling eBay-specific functions. They switched over to Node.js for their whole user interface stack. Due to the success of the Node.js backend stack, the eBay team is now creating a fully functional frontend stack, including resource management (JS/CSS/images) and tracking based on Node.js.
Declarative programming, virtual DOM, and reusable UI components are just a few of the primary benefits that set this JS framework apart from the many other mobile app development frameworks available.
Features of React Native:
- Cross-platform mobile apps may be created
- Easy to modify
- Supports third-party plugin
- Has dependable support for third-party plugins
- Has one codebase that supports all platforms, including iOS and Android
Features of Ionic:
- Reuses UI elements for all mobile device types
- Creates responsive, user-friendly mobile applications
- Compatible with other frameworks
- Cross-platform deployments, integrations, and live reload
- Has a complete collection of front-end building elements
Features of NativeScript:
- Has hundreds of NativeScript plugins and pre-existing plugins from npm, CocoaPods (iOS), Gradle (Android), and other platforms
- Provides single code for iOS and Android
- Available iOS, and Android APIs, free plugins, app examples, and templates
- Has strong community support brought on by daily international initiatives
Features of Cordova:
- Access to libraries and hardware to the device
- Simple and easy development
- Platform adequacy
Features of OnSen UI:
- Compatible with jQuery, React, Angular.js
- Consists of various enhanced user interface components.
- Indigenously produced user interface components
Features of Meteor:
- Integrates with different front-end frameworks without a hitch
- Offers quickly prototyping
- Has full-stack approach
- Uses the same code in the front- and backend
Backbone.js is based on the MVC app architecture. As its name implies, it serves as a sturdy backbone for your project, providing a straightforward UI. Because of its minimal weight, Backbone.js is the best platform for creating single-page apps.
Features of Backbone.js:
- Separates the business layer from the UI logic layer
- 100+ available extensions are accessible
- Provides several building blocks, including routers, views, and models.
- Turns DOM into views and data into models
Trending technologies in mobile app development in 2022
In 2022, mobile app development will continue to be a popular pursuit. The range of available mobile devices will allow for more intricate and innovative app designs.
Augmented and virtual reality
Augmented and virtual reality will become more potent tools over the next ten years, depending on the applications your app is designed for. It will be used to create more realistic and immersive app experiences that will allow users to feel like they are in another place or situation.
Augmented reality and virtual reality offer new options for industries, including safety training, education, retail, healthcare, and many others.
Machine learning is the core of Siri, Siri iOS, Cortana, Google Assistant, and Alexa. ML technology helps robots learn and make decisions based on data. With the increasing use of smart appliances, smart cars, and smartphones, there is a growing need for machine learning. Adopting machine learning can improve the usability of apps. It can reduce search times for searches related to restaurants, stores, movies, music, etc. It will also reduce the need for constant app updates.
Chatbots and interactive voice assistants on mobile applications are now more than just a bonus feature thanks to advances in AI. They have developed to the point where they can raise user engagement.
By responding to user inquiries, they also take the load off of your customer care staff, saving your company time and money. Companies that give clients access to service information around the clock enhance users' experience.
Outsourcing mobile app development with TechMagic
TechMagic is a full stack development company delivering software development services for 8+ years. We work with customers worldwide to develop mobile and web apps from the discovery phase and UI/UX design services to QA testing. These benefits you can acquire by outsourcing development to TechMagic:
- Custom software engineering services with all the necessary features and concepts
- Full-cycle development and guaranteed product quality, maintenance and deployment
- Experienced in Healthcare, HRTech, MarTech, and FinTech industries experts with a creative and problem-solving mindset